Position: Corporate Security Officer
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Consortio Security Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced professional Corporate Security Officer. The position is part time, working Monday to Friday 0500 – 0600 and 1630 to 2030 hrs.
To cover a site In Newcastle Upon Tyne, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and will be required to pass a literacy and numeracy test.
- Control access and egress, utilising the equipment and systems provided
- Ensure clients’ staff, property and other assets are secure
- Answer all enquiries courteously and professionally
- Accurately operate designated alarm systems
- Monitor CCTV footage for protection of property and assets
- Complete the daily log, noting all appropriate activity
- Produce accurate reports as and when needed
- Conduct sufficient internal and external patrols to ensure security of all zones
- Ensure all procedures, site / assignment instructions and protocols are followed at all times; being particularly diligent when in an emergency situation
- Maintain tidy and clean work areas
- Be an effective ambassador for Consortio, always smart and diligent.
- The main core of the role will be based outside maintaining access and egress on the site, the candidate will need to be willing to work in all weathers.
The above duties are subject to additional duties as per the site’s Assignment Instructions; however, in the event that there is a conflict of duties, the Assignment Instructions will prevail.
- A current SIA Licence – Front Line, carried at all times on duty
- Smart appearance, following the Consortio uniform requirements to the letter
- Good verbal communication skills, pleasant manner, approachable, clearly spoken
- Shows excellent customer care skills
- Shows courtesy and respect for people at all times in all situations
- Possesses computer literacy of at least a basic level
- Demonstrates basic numeracy and literacy skills for following instructions and preparing reports
- Demonstrates good observation skills
- Remains calm under pressure
- Always punctual and reliable
- Demonstrates a flexible attitude to changing working hours and patterns
- Must demonstrate understanding of Health & Safety requirements when handling and using machinery and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Supports the team, giving assistance where possible
Hourly pay/salary £7.83
Job Type: Permanent
Please send a cover letter, highlighting which job you are applying for and your CV.
*Unfortunately due to high volume of applications we are unable to notify applicants if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within 4 to 6 weeks you can assume your application has not been successful. *