Position: Security Officer
Consortio Security Ltd are looking to recruit experienced professional Security Officers with excellent customer service skills.
To cover a site in Sheffield, the successful applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and will be required to pass a literacy and numeracy test. Please note that the role will involve driving Company vehicles and only those over 25 year are covered on our Company insurance.
The shift patterns are Sat and Sunday day shifts and Monday and Tuesday nights or Wednesday to Sunday nights. This will be discussed at interview.
- Control access and egress, utilising the equipment and systems provided
- Ensure clients’ staff, property and other assets are secure
- Answer all enquiries courteously and professionally
- Accurately operate designated alarm systems
- Monitor CCTV footage for protection of property and assets
- Complete the daily log, noting all appropriate activity
- Produce accurate reports as and when needed
- Conduct sufficient internal and external patrols to ensure security of all zones
- Ensure all procedures, site / assignment instructions and protocols are followed at all times; being particularly diligent when in an emergency situation
- Maintain tidy and clean work areas
- Be an effective ambassador for Consortio, always smart and diligent.
- A current SIA Licence – Front Line, carried at all times on duty
- Smart appearance, following the Consortio uniform requirements to the letter
- Good verbal communication skills, pleasant manner, approachable, clearly spoken
- Shows excellent customer care skills
- Shows courtesy and respect for people at all times in all situations
- Possesses computer literacy of at least a basic level
- Demonstrates basic numeracy and literacy skills for following instructions and preparing reports
- Demonstrates good observation skills
- Remains calm under pressure
- Always punctual and reliable
- Demonstrates a flexible attitude to changing working hours and patterns
- Must demonstrate understanding of Health & Safety requirements when handling and using machinery and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Supports the team, giving assistance where possible
- Full UK Driving Licence
Hourly pay/salary £8.50 an hour
Job Type: Permanent
Please send a cover letter, highlighting which job you are applying for and your CV.
*Unfortunately due to high volume of applications we are unable to notify applicants if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within 4 to 6 weeks you can assume your application has not been successful. *