Mr Ian Meredith
Ian is an accredited and highly experienced security, operations and business continuity professional with a proven record in a range of sectors following a distinguished Royal Navy career.
Most recently, Ian served over 13 years as the Security Manager / Security Director for Associated British Ports in South Wales, where he also served the role of Safety Officer for the ports in Swansea & Port Talbot.
During his time in these roles, Ian was responsible for;
• The strategic implementation of Security Policy at the 5 South Wales Ports
• Liaison with security providers, staff and implementation of contingency planning measures
• Interaction with national and international agencies, military and companies
• Emergency planning coordinator
• Sat on the All Wales Security Portal Group as well as being part of the MATRA team
• Chairperson of both the Swansea and Cardiff Port Security Authorities as well as the Port Security Officer (PSO)
As a Londoner who grew up in Putney, Ian is an avid Chelsea supporter. He is also a keen golfer, although he confesses that his clubs far outweigh his ability.
Ian now residse in South Wales and is a member of a Welsh Male Choir where he holds the position of Vice Chairman, which he finds rewarding and an excellent way to relax after his work is done for the day.