Position: Regional Security Supervisor
Consortio Security Limited is looking to recruit an experienced, professional Regional Supervisor, with excellent customer service skills. The hours are 60 per week, working 5 over 7.
To cover the South West region from Plymouth, South Wales and across to London, the successful applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and will be required to pass a literacy and numeracy test.
- To plan, organise and manage the operational activities of the contract.
- To prepare and update Health and Safety Risk assessments, ensuring they are site relevant at all times.
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure all H&S procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure site personnel are in possession of appropriate uniform and Personal Safety Equipment.
- To ensure identified site specific security equipment is available on site and maintained in good working order at all times.
- Maintain and develop relationships and effective lines of communication both internally and externally.
- To recruit, train, develop and motivate on site supervisors and security staff. Ensuring all site induction paperwork is compiled and completed prior to Supervisor(s) / Officer(s) conducting duties on site(s). Once complete documents are to be forwarded to the HR Dept for inclusion in the individuals personnel file.
- To ensure that all site security personnel are correctly accredited and licensed in accordance with SIA regulations.
- To assist the Consortio Security Operations Manager to monitor staff welfare.
- To assist Consortio Security Operations Manager in ensuring Consortio Security constantly meets site specific staffing requirements.
- To assist Consortio Security Operations Manager in administering the contract including the upkeep of staff attendance records, employee relations, accident reporting, grievance and discipline procedures.
- To ensure duty rosters are prepared well in advance and staff receive early notification of their rostered duties.
- To identify excessive working practices.
- To assist Consortio Security Operations Manager to instigate/investigate alleged disciplinary offences in accordance with company policies.
- To identify and develop safer and efficient working practices.
- To attend training courses and meetings as requested.
- To assist Consortio Security Operations Manager in ensuring all client files are current and up to date.
- To comply with the Company fire safety evacuation procedures, ensuring your working environment meets Health and Safety standards, notifying the H&S Representative accordingly
- To maintain regular contact with your line manager.
- To be available for re-deployment to other duties compatible with your status within the company.
- Work with other team members to assist other regional area’s when required.
- A flexible approach is essential due to the nature of the role and the requirement at times to work evenings and weekends in support of the business.
- Shows energy, drive, determination and persistence.
- Has excellent communication skills for dealing with a very wide range of people.
- Is extremely well organized and thorough.
- Possesses a strong work ethic, flexible approach to work, with a strong focus on customer service and successful results.
- Holds a current SIA licence.
- Ideally has a CSCS card already.
- Holds a full driving licence.
- Is IT literate and fully competent in MS office software.
- Possess a basic knowledge and understanding on HR matters in relation to subordinates.
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
Hourly pay/salary £27,000 pa
Job Type: Permanent
Please send a cover letter with your CV explaining what job you are applying for and why you want to work for us.
*Unfortunately due to high volume of applications we are unable to notify applicants if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within 4 to 6 weeks you can assume your application has not been successful. *